Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A plan for everyone

mom,
it's ok though, President changed the transfers on us. so instead of getting transferred on Monday, we move on thursday and we don't know who our new companion will be or where we will go until that day!  hehe kind of hectic, but I think that I will like that a lot better! So we have another transfer here together which I am so excited about because we get along so very well and we have a lot of investigators that are really going to get baptized!!  Speaking of baptisms,  I had my first one last night!  It was so crazy!  Such a miracle though!  So this is Hna. Paez the one that we have been teaching for a really long time and she is terrified of water.  Her son got baptized in April and that is when she first noticed the church because he changed drastically to be able to get baptized!  Anyway, on Tuesday we had an amazing lesson on faith with her and her husband and we asked her to be baptized on the 16th and she accepted!  her son Jose was there and he was like "mom I would feel better about it if you would pray about it and see when God wants you to be baptized" we were like yeah do that and then you can tell us on Thursday when we come back! So we go back on Thursday and she says that she prayed and she wants to do it on the 9th.  "The sooner the better" she said.  So we were like ok!  hehe and we started making the program.  Then at District meeting on Friday one of the Elders in our district was having a baptism on sunday so they said that she could do it with them.  We were like:"uhhh we don't know if that is too soon." So at like 2 on Friday we went and asked her and she said that Sunday would actually be better because her son was moving and wouldn't be able to make it on the 9th!  So we set it all up, she had her interview on saturday from one of the AP's and when they came out of the interview they both acted like she didn't pass and Hna. Arguello and I were freaking out untill they started laughing.  Man, they were so rude! hehe anyway, Yesterday comes and they didn't show up to church so we think that something is wrong!  The baptism is suppossed to be at 4, right after church and we wouldn't have time to go after church to there house to see what was wrong so we just did it right during sunday school(We live 20 min. from the church) We got there and they were wondering what was wrong.  She thought that we had to cancel her baptism or something.  We told her that we just wanted to make sure that everything was ok and that they still had a ride and why they didn't go to church on her baptism day and they said that it was because they went to go to church and realized that they only had enough gas for one trip so they had to choose between going to church and her baptism.  So they chose her baptism.  It was sad to hear that, but she doesn't have a phone so there was nothing else that could have been done. next time we will find them a ride!  Anyway, she got baptized last night!!  it was such an amazing experience and she was so happy!!  it was amazing because she is terrified of water, but after she received her answer and knew that the church was true, she practically jumped into the font! So cool to be able to experience that!  I gave the talk on Baptizm in spanish and my comp and I sang mas cerca dios de ti.  I sang the first verse, she sang second and then we both sang third!!  We also wrote a song together and I cant wait to sing it to you!  it is about missionary work and it is to the tune of come thou fount!  I love being a missionary and being Companions with Hna. Arguello!!  We had another miracle with an investigator that we are teaching we just met with her for the second time and taught the plan of salvation.  she is 16.  We explained it all and how much god loves her and she just started crying.  She said that she can see now how much he really loves her because it all made sense.  She committed to get baptized on the 23 of September!!  I really hope it happens!  She is reading the book of mormon and asking really amazing questions!  I know that the lord is protecting and blessing us everyday and I am so very grateful for it!  I love serving him and I can't wait to bring more souls unto Christ!  I love you so very much and I hope that you are having such a really wonderful day/week!  You are in my prayers, along with the rest of the Family!!  Give the boys birthday hugs for me and tell them that I love them!  kisses for you! and hugs!!  Love you lots!!

Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment