Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Adventures


Family,
haha mom that is really funny!!  something that I would be doing too!!  hehe Congratulations to Enrique!!  That is awesome!!  he will be amazing as he serves the Lord in whatever he is called to do!!  Congrats on the weight loss too!!  And new electronics man, that is great!!  So know who is taking care of my lap top?  It really needs to still be in really good shape when I get home because I have to use it for school!!  lol  Sorry DJ got sick, that is no fun! but adri is at a leadership camp!!  That is exciting!!  So wait, Ryan is on a mission?  Where?  Why didn't you tell me that!?!  That is so exciting!! It is such an amazing opportunity and experience that we are given!!  I love it!!
Ok, so my new companion is Hermana Arguello and she is just so super amazing!!  She is so loving and kind and fun and we just get along so well!!  She actually reminds me so much of Aimee!!  They have really simillar personalities and they make a lot of the same faces, I love it!!  it makes me feel more at home and just like I have known her for forever!!  Ok, so she was born in Ecuador and when she was 9 she moved to colorado.  She is half ecuadorian and just like me, they didn't speak spanish in the home but she can understand all of it!!  We are working on our spanish together!  this is a really good growing opportuinty for the both of us because she has 6 month in the mission and I have three in the feild, almost five total!!  Crazy!!  anyway we are working super hard, we have a lot of investigators and one with a baptism date of the 26th!!  I really hope that she makes it!!  she went to church yesterday and she brought her husband and daughter!!  We were so excited about that!!  She has a really good family friend that is a super strong member of the ward and we take her with us to our appointments but the thing is that the member only speaks spanish and the family friend understands better in english even though she still understands spanish so we kind of teach her in spanglish so the member doen't get too lost.  Anyway, we invited her to be baptized and she accepted and we were talking with the member afterwards and she had no idea!!  She was so excited but I felt so bad for exteding it in english.  Anyway, that same member visits one of the partmember families as well and one day we were like, we should go and visit them so we went to their house and the super strong member (Hna. Sandoval) was there visiting the less active (cipriana) with her husband (cipriana's)(whose name is Santiago) and so we went in and there were two others there. we walk in and I just feel super weird, like I wasn't feeling the spirit super strong and we get to talking and the other two sisters who were there were from the church of God and they were talking with the family trying to get them to come to their church and they just started attacking us.  not litterally, but they asked how long we had been members and I told them that I was baptized when I was 8 and then they said that they had been in their church for a year and that they worship on saturday, like the bible says, and my companion just looks at them and says that we aren't here to bible bash with you.  we are here to teach and bring people unto christ so if it's ok with you, we are going to pray and then leave.  So that is what we did.  We prayed and then left.  it was crazy, but it was really cool!  We brought the spirit in, invited them to the open house and to church!!  I know that this church is true and I know that satan is working just as hard as we are but we are on the winning team so we aren't going to give up!!  I love you so very much and I will talk to you later!!  Love you!!
 
Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment