Mommy dearest,
So cute!! I miss you all so much!! The pool looks awesome!!! You are so amazing mom, thank you!! I did get your letter but I got it on Saturday :( what day did you send it?
ok, so the backpack; I do need a two shoulderstrap backpack that i can carry all my books in and everything, but I also need lots of water!! hehe I have a really cool waterbottle that I got from the MTC but I thought that DJ's backpack was a backpack with the watter camel pack in it!! I thought that it was two in one!! hehe if its not, don't worry about it!! It will all be good anyway!!! I'm glad they gave sandi a plaque, she does so much for those kids and it is great to see that hey showed her they they appreciated it!! that is so good for Adri!! tell her congrats!! I love hearing about all of you guys and everything that you are doing!! Don't let adri date anybody!! hehe three dates max with any one guy!! that's it!! Lol she needs someone really strong that has gone on a mission and she is only 16!! No more than two dates per guy!! tell her I said that!!! I miss lagoon!! We will have to do something like that for all of us when I get home!!
ok, so this week we had a lot of really good lessons and miracles!!! We met this guy who lives in our appartment complex and has been going to church for the past few weeks!! He just goies to the ward an hour and a half away!! hehe it is crazy but he says that he really likes church and the feeling that he gets when he is there!! We set a baptismal date for him and told him to ask God if that is what he sould do!! We have been praying that he will recieve his answer and get baptised on that day!!
We have this investigator who the sisters have been teaching for a while and she knows that the church is true, she can feel it and she has prayed about it and recieved her answer, but she can't get over the virgin Mary. She even told us that she asked if praying to the virgin was bad and she said that she got the answer that it was but she said that it is like her drug, she just can't get over it. after talking to her for a while, she feels like if she lets go of it and that tradition, she let's go of her mom who passes away last year. We taught her about fasting and how it can give her the spiritual strength to do what she knows is right and then we told her that we would fast with her to give her even more support and she said ok, lets do it tomorrow!! She was so excited and I know that the Lord will give her the strength to do it, she just has to take that leap of faith and I am praying so hard that she will!! We already had the fast so we will see how it helped her when we visit her tomorrow.
That is only a few of our investigators but right now we have about 15!!! hehe when we first stared the transfer we had about three because they had just baptized of their other ones but through our prayers, referrals, and knocking on doors we have found quite a few others!! with even like 10 potencials!! it is so exciting to see the hand of the Lord in all of our works and I am excited to continue seeing it and seeing these wonderful people progress!!!
oh, one that we met this week was a referral named raymundo and he speaks 5 different languages!! Spanish is is first one so we got lucky on that and he has been reading the Book of Mormon and he really loves it!! He says that he wants to finish it and then probably join the church!! He has been searching out a ton of different churches and he says that he feels the best at this one so we will see how it goes!! he loves us singing to him!! hehe he says that we have the voice of angels so we will probably to that every time we go!! he does smoke a lot so we are going to have to pray super hard that he can just give it up and be willing to give it up 'cuz he is 82 and has been doing it for quite a while!! but we have the truth and the power of the Lord on our side so I am not worried!! I know that the Lord will make happen what needs to in order for him to make that decision and come unto christ!! I love this church and this Gospel!! I know that it is true with every fiber of my being and I am so greatful for the opportunity that I have to share it with people!! I am truely blessed!! especially for the Family that I have who loves and supports me, I can feel it and I am so greateful for it!! Thank you so much for all you do, I love you all!!!
Love Hermana Maddy Higley
No comments:
Post a Comment