mom,
I am so glad that Jim is letting you take off all the games to see adri play! That is so good!! I know that I just loved it when you were at mine! take some good pics and just keep me updated!! lol I'm sorry that you had to go and by a new recorder for that tape, but I am glad that you got to listen to it and that I am going to hear all of your voices as well!! I just love it!! I'm so happy that there are so many new single adults that enrique can be in charge of!! he is just going to love it and you will have to let me know how it goes!!
wow! Kody gets sentenced this week!! please let me know how that goes and what is going to happen with toni. It has been such a long process and I really hope that they both can take this time to heal and to really change. to use the atonement. so crazy!! Anyway, Family day was my favorite! it's cool that you were able to take Lalo with you and too bad that dad couldn't go :(
Everything here is just going amazingly well!! Can you believe that I will have been out 6 months the first of september!?! That is just crazy!! time flyes by so very fast!! So, I haven't been able to have a baptism yet but I was really thinking about it and I am not ashamed of my mission at all. Just in the sense that I know that I have been doing what I need to to bring about miracles here in my mission and I have seen them! and just because I haven't baptized anybody, doesn't mean I am not a good missionary. Yeah, I know I'm not the best and I have a lot of improvement to do but I know that everyday I try my hardest and I have been able to touch peoples lives! Yesterday, one of the sisters that we have been visiting came to church after being inactive for a couple of years! That really made my heart swell as we sat next to her during sacrament. I think that this past week has been a really hard one for me because I don't know spanish like I think I should and I get down on myself because of that. I just felt bad because my companion felt like she had to do everything because there are times that I have no idea what is going on! anyway, I have been praying so hard that I will just be able to understand their needs and respond accordingly and I have been able to have a calm and peaceful feeling as we teach. I love it!
So last week, or the week before, I can't remember. I cut my hair and after styling it for a few days, I realized that I looked like a boy and that it was crooked!! one side was way loticably longer than the other one so I decided to have my companion cut it. Well, needless to say, she doesn't know how to cut hair so it just went shorter and shorter. so i finally was just like whatever I'll just have to spike it. The next day was zone conference and I was terrified of what President would say. we walk in and he just says "I love you haircut Hna. Higley." I was so happy. I just felt relieved that I wasn't doing anything bad and that he was upset or ashamed about it. Anyway, needless to say, it is still crooked but I know that it will grow back and then I can fix it even more! hehe I will send you pics but one day it will be how I want it to be!
So i'm not sure if I told you this or not, but i am going to tell you again if I did! We were walking and found a guy there in the parking lot and he was walking very determinedly and we stopped to talk to him. anyway, he had his bible with him and he had met with missionaries before one time and he ordered the movie, but he didn't know what to do next and then we asked if we could set up an appointment with him. well we went back to the appointment and he loved it and believed that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is the word of god and he just wanted to be baptized! Miracle! So we have been teaching him and we met with his daughter on saturday and she wants to get baptized too!! another miracle! anyway, this family has been prepared by the lord and we can tell that they just really want to do what is right and follow Heavenly Father! His name is pablo and he was sad when we had to move his baptismal date back a couple weeks but I think that it will really inspire him to live the Word of Wisdom and to fully comit to doing the right! He also told us that he knows that there aren't coincidences with God and that he met us for a reason. I just love that family!!
Well, another week has come and gone and I just want you to know that I know (more than I did last week) that this church is true and that God is preparing people to be ready to enter into the covenant of baptism. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers according to our faith and I know that I am doing the will and work of the Lord. I know how I can increase my faith even more and I am so very greateful for that opportunity that I have. We are so blessed and loved by our Father in Heaven and I know that with him anything is possible!! I love you so very much! I thank you for your prayers, Love, and support!! That really keeps me going! Along with letters!! hehe I love you so much!! Have a wonderderful day at the wedding!! Let the Family know that I love them! Especially Raquel!! Have a wonderful week and let me know how everything goes.. Volleyball, FHE, Kody's hearing, with Sara and the Boy's there! Just let me know! Love ya lots!!
Love Hermana Higley
No comments:
Post a Comment