Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Everything we got


Mom,
    Dang!!!  Adri looks good!! I love those pics!!  I can't wait till I get to see them all!! hehe  Thank you for sharing them with me, I really can't believe that she is a senior!!  My little sister/best friend is almost done with school and off to college!  I really can't belive it!!  Don't worry mom, I consider you and Sara and the rest of the Family as my Best Friends too!  That is fun that Alex and Michelle were willing to do it! So cool!!
    The work here is going amazing!  We are teaching and working and just getting to really love and help the people.  We are teaching this one investigator who really wants to get baptized.  He has come to church enough times but we have to keep moving his date because he hadn't given up smoking yet.  On saturday when we went there for our appointment, we asked him how many cigarttes he had smoken.  He said two.  We told him that they were his last ones.  Then we asked him if he had a pack of cigaretts and if he could bring them out to us.  He did and we told him that we were going to take the box and decorate it with Jesus, temples, church things, and we were going to write scriptures and roll them up and put them in the box so that every time he had the desire, he could look at the box, think  of the blessings, read the scriptures and not have that desire any more.  He really liked that idea.  Then he asked us what we were going to do with the ones that were in the box.  We asked him to get a glass of water and then break one into it.  we let it sit there for a while and then had him drink the water.  he said that it was really gross and we told him that that was what he was putting in his body every time he smoked.  We told him to remember that taste every time he wanted to smoke and he said that if he does, he would never want to smoke again.  That is what we are hoping for!!  Anyway, we had him break the rest up and throw them in the trash and say a blessing that he could have for everyone that he does.  he did it!!  He came to church on sunday and we had him talk to a convert that had to give up smoking and we got him a blessing and he hadn't smoked or even boughten another packet that whole day!!  Then he came to the baptism that night and he really just wants to be baptized!!  he is such a cute, humble, little man and I love him so much!!  his name is Pablo and he is the one that we just stopped and talked to him on the street who had gotten the finding faith in christ DVD but the previous missionaries hadn't followed up with him!!  Anyway, Hna. Arguello and I are so excited for him!!  At the baptism last night, Hna. Arguello and I had to give the Missionary moment and it was in spanish!  I was so nervous and President was there, but it went really good.  The spirit was so strong and it helped me to calm down so that I was able to speak and say what I needed to.  I know that the Lord is helping and guiding me here doing his work and I am so very greateful for that.  There is no way that I could do it on my own!!  Well, I love you so very much!!  I am so excited for conference and I hope that you are too!!  Have such a wonderful week and know that I love you and that the Lord will guide and direct you, all you have to do is ask with the intention to act.  I love you so much!!
 
Hermana Maddy Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment