Mom!!
That is such a cute ring!! I can't believe that she is getting married that soon!!! And Beth too!! That is crazy!! I am glad you got the videos!! I am recording still so I will probably send the tape to you next week and you can hear everything that happened for a week!! hehe it has been fun!!
Hermana Williams goes home next week :( so I will be getting a new companion and we wont find that out until Saturday!! That is exciting for Adriana!! I know that that will be great for her!! So you never did tell me what happened with everything! Is is all one Ward now? Are you under the new mission Presidents authority, or are you with the Grantsville stake? I've been in suspense for too long now!! I need details!! hehe That is too bad that they didn't work out, but I am glad that stephanie is now back in the family!! she can go to church and she will be better off!! We can't loose that family!! We have Lalo and Stephanie, we are almost there!! hehe hopefully they can realize the importance of church and the difference that it makes in life!! I really hope that it doesn't take as long as it did for me!! hehe I think that being out here and working with families that have never had the gospel in their lives has really changed my outlook on life!! It is impossible without it and I am so very greatful to all of the generations who have kept stong and kept going!! it really does make all the difference and it is so worth it!!
We have this family in the ward that moved here from El Salvador quite a few years back and the wife was baptized when she was younger, but the husband wasn't. Anyway, the wife stopped going to church long before she came here and she came here with her husband and they had a few kids and years went by. Her sister lives in Utah and when her daughter got really depressed, they had her stay with her aunt, who took her to temple square and she loved it so she singed up for the missionaries to go over! The missionaries who were here at that time weren't obedient so the family didn't see any missionaries for like 8 month until my trainer showed up! They taught and baptized the daughter in April, the week before I got here, and the mom was liking it so much that she wanted to get baptized too!! she remembered that she had already been baptized before so the Ward had been looking for her records and they couldn't find them! She had been looking forward to getting rebaptized and having everything be a fresh start when they finally found them so she couldn't!! hehe anyway, they have been actively and faithfully coming to church and participating in the classes and everything ever since I got here!! The husband wont ever come and he is never there when we go. he dosen't like it and he was just ok with them doing it. Well, yesterday at church I was talkingwith the mom and she told me that all of a sudden he gave her an ultimatum on saturday night at like 11pm. that either she chooses him or the church. She started crying and told me that she knows that the church is true but that they have been married for a really long time and she doesn't want to loose him (he was the only guy in her life, high school sweet hearts). Anyway, she looked and me and said Hermana I am here at church and I don't know what is going to happen, but i feel at home here!! She hadn't told anyone about that, not even her daughter, but she knows that the church is that important to her and she came!! I was so happy for her!! She has had her first vision and she is still going strong!! She said that she knows that everyone has to go through hard times in thier life, but the church heals!! I can't explain how happy I was to know and feel of her testimony and the strength that she has!! not to mention, that I understood every single word that she said and I was able to comfort her!! That is the Lord working miracles, right there because she doesn't speak any english!! I just love this work and I know that this is where I am suppossed to be!! Thank you for all of your love and support!! The church is true, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise!! Love you all!!!
Love Hermana Higley
No comments:
Post a Comment