Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Transfer 2 I'm officially all trained


oh mom!!  That is cool!!  I really love hearing from you!!  I am still here in this area and my new companions name is Hna. Arguello!!  I wrote you more about here in the letter!!  she is only two transferrs older than me, so this transfer is going to be really fun!!  We both will have to learn and grow a lot!!  I am so excited!!  I just love her so much already and I haven't even met her yet!!  lol  Raquel looks gorgeous and I can't believe that Aimee and Daniel are graduated!!  That is so awesome!!  I am missing so much things that are going on, but I know with out a doubt that this is where I need to be!!  Make sure that everyone knows how much I love them!!  I am so excited for everyone as well!!  Adri and DJ will have fun with their camps and adri's training!!  how super awesome is that!!  Volleyball is coming up so quickly!!  exciting!! 
      ok, so the area is going super well!!  The work is amazing!!  The Paez family is very ready and prepared!! (the ones that I prayed they would have no bad dreams:)) our last few lessons with them have been amazing!!  They told us that they had read the Book of Mormon as a couple and they had the most wonderful experience!!!  they just really liked it and they said that they think that this is the right path and they want to continue to go down it, but they still weren't ready to set a baptismal date yet, but we think they will get baptized really soon!!  we went through the baptismal interview questions with them to see what they believed and show them the requirements for baptism!!  They believe that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that President Thomas S. Monson is the profeta hoy en dia!!!!  it is awesome!!  We have a few more commandments to teach them and the mom is a little attatched to the Virgin, but I know that as they continue to read and pray, they wont have any doubts in their minds and she will be able to give her up!! They didn't go to church yesterday because they had a quince (by the way, love the video!  tell them they dance great!!) to go to!!  We stopped by and saw them because Hna. Williams is going home and wanted a picture with them and they told her that they were going to continue to listen to us!!  they weren't going to stop!!  the mom looks right at me and was like we are going to be with you on tuesday!!  It was so cool to see them progress from not even wanting to talk to us but listening because of the drastic change that they saw in their son to making sure that we still come and visit them and aren't going just drop them because they didn't get baptized right away!!  hehe we extended a few dates and they said they still weren't ready, but they thought that there was a time limit to when they had to get baptized!!  hehe they are so cute!!  anyway, we are still going strong and I am really nervous to take over the area, but I know that they lord is here to help me!! 
     The past couple of weeks I have been feeling like this next transfer is really going to be a jump in learning and growing so I have just been praying really hard that I can feel of his guidance and be able to make the changes necessary to be able to keep and invited these people into the fold!!  I have felt his peace and I know that it wont be easy, but I know that it will be so very worth it!!  I can't wait!!  Plus, I'm trying not to think of the fact that my mom is dying!!  hehe my mission mom is done with her mission!!  but she left me a lot of things to be able to help me and to make sure that I knew what was going on here!!  I am really excited and I want you all to know how much I love each and every one of you!!  it is just awesome what the lord does in his work, I love it!!  Thanks for all of your love and support!!  love ya!!
 
Hermana Maddy Higley
Madison Higley <madison.higley@myldsmail.net>
7/23/12
to Betty
oh, I forgot a story, here it is!!  this week we had recieved a refferal from the english elders in our area and we went by to see how interested she was and invite her to the open house that we are going to have on the 28th and we got there and she was just amazing!! we told her that we were missionaries and she asked us if we believed in saints and if we baptized babies. We told her no and she let us in!! I was really excited at that point because those are the main problems that we encounter!! anyway we went in, we sang a hymn, prayed, and started with the first lesson!! the first point of the first lesson, God is our loving Heavenly Father, and she just lost it! She just started crying and said that she knows she is but every since she left her country, she hasn't been able to find a church that she agreed with and she has been looking 'cuz she knows that she has to go to church!! So we invited her and I am really excited to be able to teach her!! I know that the Lord is blessing us and I know that she has been prepared by the Lord and I am so excited to be able to work with her!! I love being a missionary and I love it here in Canyon Country!!
 
Love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment