Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Alex Boye y Marvin Perkins


Wow!!  Everyone is looking so good and all grown up!!!  I can't believe how Blonde Anthony is!!  That is crazy!!  I have been opening the packages on their specified dates!!  hehe so I have only opened adri's and DJ's!!  Thank you so much for them!!  We have the Appt. all decorated and we are going to make the deserts for district meeting on Friday!!  That is such a fun idea!!  Thank you!!  I have recieved four out of the seven so hopefully I get the other three this week!!  hehe I recieved DJ, Adri, Rique, and Sara's!!  Just can't wait to open them!!  This week was very fun!!  A little frustrating because our investigators are not seeing the value of their souls and the capacity that they have to become so great!!  they are only seeing the now and wont take the steps necessary for baptism!!  It is frustrating but I think about how we just have to keep loving them and showing them how much happier they could be!  It is like when Heavenly Father sees us mess up everyday but he still loves us and urges us onto the right path!!  Not to mention, that yesterday we had a wonderful fast for all of them and I know that it is their turn to choose for themselves!! 
 
Throughout the week, we had some extraordinary experiences!!  I just loved it!! We did have a really good lesson with one of our investigators about the importance of families and she just really wants to get baptized and join the church, but she is not married to her esposo!!  She wont leave him because of the kids either!!  After that lesson, she went upstairs and talked to him.  She wanted him to come down and talk with us so that maybe he would want to get married too, but he didn't even want to come in the room with us.  We hope that she can take the step to follow the Lord because everything else will just fall into place!
 
On Tuesday; President Martin gave us a "Farewell" training.  He left on Friday and we got a new President so he wanted to give all of the missionaries  the training that he gives missionaries who are going home.  I guess he just didn't want anyone to get left out because he is very wealthy and he uses that opportunity to tell people how to make money.  So we learned how to make money and how to get a family that will last forever.  It was really a great experience!!  he shared with us a story about his first born son that really inspired me to make a life goal and to stick to it!! 
I will have to explain more about that later 'cuz I really want to talk about a special surprise visit that we recieved on Friday!!  We have our district meetings every friday morning and this Friday Alex Boye came with Marvin Perkins!  now, I don't know if you know who they are but Alex Boye is in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and he came and spoke to us at the MTC!!  Marvin Perkins is also a convert to the church and he talks about blacks and the priesthood!!  Both wonderful men with amazing testimonies!!  anyway, when they first got there I told Alex that I had been at the MTC when he spoke to us and he thought that that was a coincidence!!  He asked if I was there when David Archuletta was there and I said yes and he told us about how he went to his farewell and how David said that people had been giving him a hard time about serving a mission 'cuz he was famous and that was his mission but his response to that was that he wasn't going on a mission for the people.  He was going on a mission to strengthen his relationship with his Father in Heaven and he was going to help people along the way.  I thought that that was really cool.  I think about this short time that I have been out here and my relationship has grown immenselly!!  no, I haven't baptized anybody yet but I have been obtaining a relationship that will last throughout the eternities and I know that that has influenced other people as well!!  He goes on to explain how everybody needs to gain their own "first vision" to keep them pushing forward through the hard times and how when we have that whitness, that testament, nothing can move us off of our course!!  I have obtained that First Vision!!  no, it didn't come before my mission but I wouldn't of had it any other way!!  I know that this church is true!!  I know that God lives and that he loves me!!  I know that he watches over me and that he has a plan for me!!  I have felt his love comforting me, giving me that healing power of the attonement that it doesn't matter what other people do to me,  I know that he is always there!!!  it doesn't matter how many doors get slammed in my face, how many people turn us down,  don't get baptized, or make fun of my spanish,  Heavenly Father loves me and he knows my capacity!!  he knows what I can become and he knows what I need to become that person!  Such a beautiful gift that he has given us to be able to come to earth and to learn and to grow and to find out for our selves that this is the path that he wants for us!!  I know that throughout my life I was doing what was right because it felt good, now I know that Satan has pushed me down, kicked me, beat me up and I asked him to keep going because I know that I am not going to stop what I am doing because I have recieved that "First Vision" that testimony of my own that it is true!!  I love it!!!  I love my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ!!  Thank you so much for being that good example for us, for being that rock that we can lean on, that testimony that we can borrow untill we read, ponder, pray, and gain that testimony of our own!!  It was such an amazing little session that they sharred with us!!
     
             Marvin is so funny, he came into the capilla and his hands were full so I asked if I could hold something and he put his stuff down on the table and said "you don't have to do that, but you can give me a hug."  He just went to give me a hug and I just froze!  He stopped mid-way and said "that was a test, good thing you passed!"  hehe he tried it again, but still it didn't work!!  at the begining of the conference he wanted to start with a prayer and he was like "who wants to offer a prayer, and please let it be a sister!  The one that likes to hold things!"  hehe there are only me and my companion in the entire zone but we all know who that was!!  lol anyway, he went through a whole presentation about how we are all different shades of brown and how the races was made up by a man nammed yohan something or another in the 1700's and how he printed it as a theory and then disproved it but man wanted to keep it around.  So in bible times, blacks and whites didn't exist.  it has to mean something else!!  so we went through what idioms mean and what they were talking about in the scriptures and how the new revelation in 71 helped us to understand even better the meaning of the words!!  it was so exciting!!  So intriguing and I just love the enlightenment that I recieved!!  He gave us a whole list of scriptures to look up and study and I can't wait till I do that!!  I love you all so very much and I thank you for your testimonies and for the presants!!  I love the idea, it's so fun!!  my companion loves it also!!  I will write to you later!!  Love you!!
 
Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment