Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Breaking Through


Oh, mom you are so sweet!!  I am super excited to hear from everybody!!  I love you all so much!!  I was trying so hard to get all of our super progressing investigators to be baptized on July 8th, but no one is ready for that date as of right now :(  I really hope that they will be 'cuz that is super cool!!
  
Ok, I have so much that I want to tell you all about so please make sure to forward this to sara and everybody!!  Thanks!!  This week was so amazing!!  It really was so awesome!!  Ok, so first off we started this week with the goal of doing a secret service for somebody everyday.  we would plan out who it was and what we wanted to do!  so we made cards, cookies, and horchata all week!!  Yes, we did our missionary work on top of that but I have seen many miracles come because of how much we are working and how dedicated we are on helping people!  It has been awesome and we are going to continue doing it throughout this week as well!!  We were able to go to the temple on thursday and it is just beautiful!!  We went because President and his wife are finishing thier mission and we are getting a new president on Friday.  Going through as a missionary is so different!!  I just love it!!  right after that, we had a lesson with an investigator who is 16.  She is so awesome!!  we explained to her about the gospel and we invited her to be baptized.  The spirit was so strong and she said that she really wanted to be!  The only problem is that her mom wont let her.  her mom wont even let her come to church!  She started crying and we asked if we could set up a time to meet with her mom and explain to her about our church.  what we believe, where we came from and the entire restoration.  She said that she would love that so we set it up for sunday.  On Friday we had a lesson with the parents of a recent convert and that lesson was just so amazing!!  I tell you, we have recieved so many blessings!!  Anyway, they have been very hesitent to listen to us and I think that they only have because their son changed so drastically when he got baptized!  We have been visiting them for over a month!!  It is really funny 'cuz the mom asks me to pray all the time, the opening and closing!!  hehe just because one time I did and it was super late and I asked that we would all have good dreams and they said that they slept so well that night!!  anyway,  the mom just loves how I try to speak and sometimes can't, she thinks it's cute and I just get frustrated!!  hehe anyway,  the lesson that we had that night, they really made some discoveries!!  We were talking about the gospel and how we have to be baptized to be saved, with the right power,  the mom looked right and me and asks "What do you expect of us?"  I was so startled and a little afraid of what to say so I look at my companion and she is just waiting for me to answer so I told them.  We expect you to do everything that you can to know for yourself that this is true and if it is to do everything that you know that you should do.  I was scared after saying that, I just thought that they were going to ask us to never come back!  but then she looked at my companion and asks her, "so you want us to get baptized?"  She said yes, that as missionaries it is our responsibility to  help people come unto christ and that is how we make that committment.  She explained to them that when we feel of the truthfulness of this message, we have to do all that we can to live up to it and to do what Heavenly Father wants of us!  Then we explained the holy ghost and how we can feel it and the Dad pipes in and says that they have never felt that.  They can't just fabricate feelings.  they will come if they come.  My companion is so intune with the spirit cuz i was lost as to what to say after that.  But she looked him straight in the eye and said "You right, but we can invite it to come."  He was shocked,  she explained how we need to go to church, read the scriptures, and pray to be able to know and feel of these things.  That is why we have been asking them to read and pray after ever visit and the mom said well, I guess we have to go to church to start this journey!!  I was shocked, she asked us what time church was at and said that they would see us there!!  What a blessing!!  Then they actually showed up on sunday!!  I was so ecxstatic!! (can't spell, sorry) My companion spoke so I sat with them and they were so happy! they were participating and it was incredible!!  the best church attendance ever!!  They didn't realize that church was 3 hours so they had to go home, but they said that next week, they would leave their day more open so that they could go to all of it!!  Awesome!!  then we talked with the mom of the 16 year old and it was good!  We just cleared up somethings and talked about the Book of Mormon and how it came here and she said that she would read it!  we shall see!!  I have a min. left befor ethe comp. shuts off on me so I just want to tell you how much I love you and know that this church is true!!  Stay strong!!
 
Love Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment