Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ooops Accident


I forgive you!!  hehe I didn't get to get one sent either because this week was just crazy!!  in a good way!!  I definately know that the lord works in mysterious ways and I have felt that and his love throughout the week!!  I know that I didnt' get to explain too much to you about my companion last time, but let me try and do that here!  I can't believe that Brady is going to India!!  how crazy!!  Adri looks really mad in that picture, but she looks very good!!  way to be nan!!  DJ looks like he was just having a blast!!  I'm glad that he did get to go to camp and I am sorry that Enrique is not feeling too good!  Hopefully they figure out what is wrong with his ear!!  Volleyball starts today!!  That is so fun and crazy!!  I can't believe that school is already about to start again!!  how intense!!  so exciting!!  I'm gonna need lots of pics cuz I can't be there for Adri's senior year, or Raquel's wedding!  And her birthday is gone!  hehe thanks for those pictures of her though, they were so cute!!  I just love you all so very much!!  ok, now for my companion... SHE IS AWESOME!!!
 
I just love her so very much!!  She is the senior companion 'cuz she has 3 months on me in the mission field.  She really only started a month and a half before me!  she went to the MTC on Jan. 8th!!  but she only stayed there for three weeks because she could understand everything already!  she just has trouble speaking sometimes.  It has been such a fun couple of weeks and we are just helping eachother learn and grow so much!!  We are both greenies who were trained by the same missionary who is already home, but it has been so much fun!  I am letting her drive and just showing her around the area and we are just doing work!!  a couple experiences for you...
 
So monday we had to take our car to Toyota because they had to change the oil pan and they said that they had to keep the car till wednesday (reason why I didn't write because our whole P-day was taken up with car troubles!).  Anyway,  Elder Philips (man in charge of all the cars) said that there wasn't any spare cars and hna. Arguello doesn't have a bike, so we had no way to get around!  We could have walked, but our area is huge and on tuesday we had appointments on both ends of our area! Our district leader only had one appointment scheduled right in between ours so it worked out perfectly that they would take us around and then we just stuck with them through their appointment.  It was so not a coincidence that it worked out that way because the appointment they had was with the investigator who was suppossed to get baptized yesterday and we were waiting for her (her name is maria) at the park. An hour goes by and the elders finally get a hold of her and she says that she doesn't want to do it anymore, it is causeing too much trouble in her home with her family and she just wants to run a way.  We say a prayer and then go to her house.  She couldn't let us in 'cuz her family was there and they don't know that she is meeting with the elders.  We meet up with her at the park and she just cries for like half an hour! she can't even speak! she just tells us how bad she feels that it is causing conflict in her home and how she just wants to follow Heavenly Father but her guardians are making it hard and she just didn't know what to do.  We knew that we had to be there at that time because she needed a hug and us to tell her that she is a daughter of God and how proud he was of her and how she can do anything with him at her side!  She decided that she wanted to continue on the path and get baptized.  Her baptism was yesterday and it was so amazing! way more different than any that I have ever been to!!  She even bore her testimony and said that the day that she met the elders, she had been praying to help her find the path that she needed to be on.  She said that she knew that God had great things in store for her and that one day her family would accept her.  She is only 17 but she was so ready to be baptized and I was so lucky to be a part of it!  She is just amazing!  it really hurts me to see that she has to hide from her family.  She tells them that she is going for a bike ride and then comes to church and changes so that they don't know what she is doing.  I just love her so much!  ok, so really quick a funny story before the computer kicks me off!
 
I was praying before we left the appartment and I was in the middle of it and I just peek up really fast before I end and Hna. Arguello was standing right in front of me.  I did NOT expect that and I screamed so loud and that scared her so she screamed too!!  I quickly finished my prayer and was laughing so hard that I peed my skirt!!  I had to go and change before I could go out!!  She just thought that that was so hillarious!  Honestly, it was!!  She got me good and I got her back unintentionally!!  so funny everytime I think about it, I laugh histerically!!  I had a hard time praying after that becuase that would just pop into my head and I would start laughing!  I laughed myself to sleep last night becuase it was just hillarious!!  I love her!!  We are just so happy and having such a wonderful time!!  I hope we get to stay together for a really long time!!  oh,  I bore my testimony in Spanish yesterday!!  So amazing!!  Heavely Father has really been blessing me with the gift of tounges!  I told one of our investigators who was ashamed that he can't speak english because he has been in america for 30 years.  I told him, don't worry, I have been half mexican for 21 years before I could speak any spanish!!  he was pretty shocked but I told him that if it weren't for the Lord, I still wouldn't be speaking spanish!  and it still isn't that great, better, yes!!  But great, no!!  hehe I love you all so very much and I thank you for all the love and support that you have given me!  I will send some pictures soon, don't worry!  I know that this church is true and I know that we are blessed when we keep the commandments and follow the lord!  I love you so much!!  Thanks for your love and support!!
 
Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment