Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Families


Mom, I did get it and I am so thankful for that!!  I will get some more pictures out to you soon!!  I just want you to know that I too, cut my hair!!  hehe we probably look like twins!!  You should send me a pic!!  Anyway, a lady in our ward cut all of our hair and she cut mine really short!!  which I did want, but she cut it really crooked so now I am trying to decide if I want to go shorter or leave it really crooked!!  hehe  anyway, that is not super important at the moment, just something that I would like to get fixed!! 
 
I am so happy that you gave him a birthday surprise and that he is calling you mom and dad!!  he needs to know that we love him so and that his Father in Heaven loves him even so much more!  it is just awesome! We have been having some awesome miracles here in Canyon Country and I am just so very happy!!  My companion and I are just really enjoying the time that we have together!!  I have so many stories that I want to share but I don't know if there is enough time!!  hehe I will definately try my best!  lol first off, for everyone that is wondering,  I can get through my prayers most of the time!!  hehe I love praying but when I think of what happened, I just burst out laughing!!  it was so hillarious!!
Ok, on the serious note, we have some super awesome investigators right now and five of them went to church yesterday!!  We were so super excited!!  Two of them are the Paez family.  Well they are the parents of jose(a recent convert as of april. 20 yrs old) They have been listening to us for about the whole time that I have been here and I think that they are going to take the step of baptizm!!  We have talked to them about it and they said that they feel that it is right, they said that they would obey the word of wisdom and she said that she wouldn't have her virginsita (kind of, we are still working on that) but they don't want to commit to a date just yet because she is terrified of water!  We don't know what to do!!  She watched her son get baptized and she said that there was now way!  That she wanted to just take a shower!  hehe we explaind authority and everything and we told her that her son could do it (because he has been given the priesthood) but she is just so scared.  She started sweating when we talked about it so we are going to teach them about blessings and the covenant that we are making and how she can get a blessing before she gets baptized to take away that fear!  Hopefully she accepts because I know that that is what Heavenly Father wants for her!
 
We then had an awesome first lesson with a new investigator named pablo and he wants to be baptized on sept. 2nd!!   That was such an amazing story!!  is!!  hehe we were walking and we stopped to talk to this man.  he is 50 and he told us how he had talked to missionaries before and how they had given him one of the pass along cards with jesus on it with the number to call for the free movie and how he called the number, watched the movie and loved it!  but he didn't know how to talk to them any more (the missionaries) they didn't leave him their number, get his address, or come back to visit him so he didn't know what to do and had just been praying to not be one of the lost sheep that he reads about in the bible.  We set up an appointment and met with him on saturday and he loved the first lesson.  we asked him to be baptized and he told us that he had been baptized when he was little and if it was ok for him to get baptized again and we told him yes and he got so excited.  he asked us what he had to do and he said that he wants to come to church and he was just so ready for us!  I know that the lord has prepared him and that he really wants to follow the right path!!
 
Then we started teaching a family!!  It is really beautiful to teach a family because they can all be there for each other!  One thing that is interesting about this family is that the oldest daughter is a member.  She is 17 but like two weeks ago the dad found out that he had another daughter who was 19 and a mormon as well.  The ex-bishop took them to the Visitors Center and he just loved it!!  Anyway, the family has been listening to missionaries for years so when we taught them last night we really focused on the plan of salvation and how families can be together forever and it was a beautiful lesson!  (they did come to church too!) But the thing is is that apparently the parents would always step out of the lessons earlier and only the kids know all  of them! so we were using the book of mormon and the dad had no idea where it came from and he was so the bible is the word of god!  Luckily Hna. Arguello knows where the plan of salvation scriptures are in the bible so she showed him and he was more open.  hehe now we can go back and teach him lesson one and how everything was restored!!  lol such a great family and I really think that they will progress fast!!
 
I just want you all to know that I love you so very much and I know that the church is true!  Thank you for all of your love and support!!  I hope to hear from you all very soon!!  Love you!!!
 
Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment