Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Giving up old habits


mom,  I am really sorry that you aren't feeling too well :(  I hope that the family is taking care of you and helping you to get everything done that you need to.  Good thing that you have good officers to help you with your opening social/fireside! That makes me happy!! 
 
The team placed 5th at St. Joe!?!  That is so exciting!!  I am so very proud of them!!  I know that Adri is leading them to where they need to be!  I really wish that I could go to the Wendover tournament this weekend, that is always fun!
I'm glad that lalo is working in the laundry,  that was my favorite job, beside making pizza! lol  I am really excited for him to have such a good future ahead of him!  Thank you so much for giving him that opportunity and for showing him that he can do anything when christ is on his side!  That is the coolest thing that we have!  Well, the gospel and our families!!  hehe I just love it all!!
 
ok, so things over here are going so wonderfully! Transfers are the 15th of October and I really want to stay here!  But I told the Lord that I will do whatever he wants! hehe  We are learning a lot and we are teaching a lot!  We taught this amazing lesson last night to a young man (19) who just got out of jail and we taught him about how he could be cleansed of everything that he had ever done!  It was so amazing.  He was so intent on doing it and he said that he really wanted to be able to change his life.  That he didn't want to continue going where he was heading, but he didn't know what else he could do!  Tada, that is why we are here!!  He had so many good questions and he said that he went to "church" while he was in jail but all the preachers just confused him.  We were able to clear up a lot of things about how babies are innocent and how God loves all of us and how we can repent and the attonement.  Man, I can't explain how awesome it was it was just such a good feeling to help someone realize that there is more than just going through life.  That god loves them and that he is always there for them!!  I just really loved being a part of that!!  he is on parole right now so he can't be baptized for a while, but he is going to be changed through the attonement and that is really the beautiful thing that we have as members of the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints!  I love sharing that with people!!
 
We have an investigator who wants to be baptized but he keeps smoking.  he has gone down a lot though!  he really doesn't smoke as much as he used to but we have to keep changing his date because he does that and he doesn't come to church eather :( one day, everyone will realize their actions have consequenses!!  hehe  I just really love the work that I am doing and I love hearing from all of you!!  I'm sorry that you aren't feeling too well and I hope that you get feeling better soon!!  I love you so very much and I will talk to you soon!!
 
Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment