Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Week 7


  Mom
    Wow!!  That is a lot that is happening!!  Things come unexpectedly but it helps us to really strengthen our testimony!  I love the trials that we all get put through!!  That is so awesome to hear about Jennifer!!  tell her that I am very happy for her!!  One of those Cards was for you too!!  His father's day and then your anniversary!!  hehe and those pics were taken on my camera, remember?!  That is why they are less blurry!!  hehe I'm glad you liked it and are doing well!  I can't wait to hear what the changes are going to be!!  I think that it is happening because they are splitting the mission!  it is now going to be the SLC-West mission instead of just salt lake!!  I really hope the Hna. Tracy gets to be on the west side!!  She will be, if she didn't get transferred before!! 
     So here has been really great!!  Hna. Williams is so sweet and loving!!  I just love her so much!!  We had a new missionary training on thursday and they asked me to go because they didn't have one when I got here.  Anyway, it was really good!  they talked about things that I had learned while doing the work but one thing that he emphasized was that it is ok to make mistakes!  I was ok when we were a trio becuase they would teach the lessons, I would bare my testimony and nothing was wrong.  I was ok with that!  When they split us up, I was terrified 'cuz my spanish wasn't that great and I don't know everything that there is to know about the doctrine!!  I was scared to open my mouth and try for fear of what my trainer would say, or what the investigator would say, or what I might accidentally say, but Pres. related it to sports.  Basketball in particular and how we practice everyday and then we go out and play a game.  we aren't perfect in the game, we make mistakes and sometimes we loose but the important thing is that you give it your all, play your hardest to the best that you know how and  then the next day, practice on the things that you didn't do so well on.  I couldn't belive that I didn't let myself see that before!!  I was just scarred!!  So now I have a goal to make at least 40 mistakes a day!!  Not intentionally, but I am allowing myself to make mistakes so that during studies, I can fix it.  Spanish is still coming but now I am opening my mouth and hopefully I will be able to make more mistakes and learn from them!  Plus, this allows me to rely more on the Lord and his promises that he has made with me.  I am being really obedient and I am going to continue to work hard!!  We really are seeing a lot of miracles here in this area!  We were doing a blitz (everyone in our zone goes nocking in one companionships area) on friday and we knocked into this amazing family!  They just moved here from columbia and they have so much faith in Jesus Christ that they let us come in right there and teach them the first lesson!  We gave them a book of Mormon committed them to read it and then set up a follow up appointment!!  it was amazing and the spirit was so strong!!  I really hope that they continue to investigate until they know it's true and get baptized!!  oh, the mom's name is Marisol!!  hehe I told her that that was my cousins name and I think that she was a little hesitant to belive me because my spanish was aweful, but I am brown so it's believeable!!  hehe plus the fact that it's true!!  Anyway, we are teaching this man named Adrian and he knows that it is true but he just doesn't know that he knows it yet! hehe He has been going to church for a year with his girlfriend and he loves church!  before we met him, he was driving two hours to go to church every sunday when he only had to drive 15 min. to get to our chappel!!  he comes with us every sunday, he loves how he feels at church and he loves how he feels when he reads the book of mormon!  He loves what is in the Book of Mormon but when we went over the baptisms interview questions with him he said that he can't say that he knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  And he thinks that Saturday should be the sabbath.  I think that he is just scarred that he would be getting baptised because his girlfriend wants to get married to a member and not because he believes it.  Which is good 'cuz you know that he will keep going to church and everything after he gets baptized even if they don't work out!  Any way, we did (ok, my companion) did a study on why we have sunday as the sabbath and she found so many good scriptures in the bible, when the appostles had the sacrament on sunday (the first day of the week) and christ was risen on that day!  We gave him those scriptures to study and then we are going to go over the book of mormon and how it is the fruit of Joseph Smith and if it's true, than he is too!!  We also want to watch the Joseph Smith movie with him!!  anyway, good stuff!!  he has a date for July first and I really hope that he makes it!!  I wanted to have the family that I love so very much get baptized the day after my birthday but the mom still isn't married and they haven't come to church!!  so frustrating!!  hehe I do love them a lot though!!  I have been couponing like crazy here and one of the members asked me to teach her how to do it and I am so excited for that!!  It will be difficult 'cuz the spanish that I know is in the doctrine and not worldly things, but that is why I have a companion!!  hehe in my studies I am really just going through all the scriptures that Predicad Mi Evangelio asks us to study and marking them up in my scriptures!!  it is fun, but pretty intense!!  I love it!!  Well, I hope that I can talk to you soon!!  take care and know that I love you all so very much!!  The Lord Lives and this church is so true!!  Have a great week and do everything that you can for the work!!  Love you!!!
 
Hermana Higley

No comments:

Post a Comment